In Decent Exposure

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Stoking the Creative Fire Within

hi there. first, thanks for reading my blog. i hope you keep coming back as i intend to update it as much as i can. i want this blog to be a way that my friends, family or random internet stranger that stumbles upon my site can get a glimpse of the goings on in both my inner and outer life. i started this blog as both a journal and as a way of stoking my creative fires, which i think i've been sorely ignoring and pushing aside for many many years. hopefully, you'll see this blog evolve as i am evolving!

well, a little about myself first i guess. i'm a 33 yo guy living in a small town outside of raleigh, north carolina. i work in the health care field, and, really, i enjoy my job. as much as a 9 to 5 job can be enjoyed i guess! let's put it this way, i don't dread going into work and i like what i do. it wasn't always this way though.

three years and some months ago, a big change happened in my life. i got sober. in more ways than one. i got sober from alcohol and drugs, which had become a daily crutch i used to escape reality. i got sober from the destructive thoughts and patterns that ruled my existence since as long as i can remember. i became suddenly aware of myself and my life in a very accute way.

it's been a long journey, these last three years. so much has happened. but i feel i've only scratched the surface. like an infant just learning how to walk without leaning on the wall. i'm not wise by any stretch, but i do know that this journey never really ends. what was the saying "life is just one thing after another." my life, like all of ours, provides me with so many experiences. so many opportunities to learn and grow. it's up to me to see them and use them. it's so easy to just cruise. but i'm tired of crusing. i'm ready to take the wheel and drive.

i don't know the goal of the journey. but if i had to guess and wrap it into one word, i'd say "expansion." expanding my mind, my body and my spirit to new levels. using the experiences that life places in front of me to grow and change, hopefully for the better.

so i hope you join me on my journey, at least as an observer! let's begin...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home